Susan david is hiring!
View current career opportunities.
temporary Executive Assistant (Part-Time)
Management consultant, speaker, published author and co-leader of a non-profit is seeking a temporary part-time Executive Assistant, with the opportunity for the role to become permanent. The EA will play an integral role in managing projects, relationships, scheduling and most of all, helping to balance and organize multiple projects and deadlines. Work will take place at a home office in Newton, MA. This is a temporary role for the period mid-May to end-September (flexible) but there is the opportunity for the role to become permanent.
- Maintain calendar as well as coordinate meetings, conference calls, and preparation
- Make business and personal appointments
Events and Travel
- Organize travel calendar, and reserve travel including airfare, car services, rental cars, hotel
- Be available in travel emergencies
- Track expenses and prepare reports
- Pack for travel
Presentations and Workshops
- Develop layout and formatting of presentations, workshops and webinars
- Accurately fill out conference applications for speaking engagements
- Track due dates for presentations and timely submissions
- Organize logistics for presentations, workshops and events
Online Presence, Media and Social Media
- Coordinate activities relating to social and newsletter posts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
- Respond to media inquiries, track and co-ordinate interviews, post media across online forums
- Help manage online presence through updating biographies, websites and other digital forums
- Write proposal and scoping documents for projects
- Select and manage vendors
- Coordinate project logistics
- Triage of and respond to emails
- Respond to product and service inquiries
Documents & Publications
- Maintain corporate files, electronic filing of documents for easy retrieval
- CRM entry and updating
- Develop and edit documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant is a must
- High initiative, proactive, efficient and resourceful
- Must demonstrate discretion and confidentiality when dealing with information
- High professionalism to manage interaction with prominent scientists and business, government, and healthcare leaders
- Outstanding administrative, organizational, and time-management skills
- Excellent written, numeric, and oral communication skills
- Proven skills in project management
- Must have ability to analyze, develop and implement plans
- Ability to grasp an overview of projects and details with high level of accuracy
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Mac and Office 365
- Outstanding computer skills including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Google Docs, file management/organization
- Experience with managing social media is desirable (but not essential)
- Experience with graphic design programs is desirable (but not essential)
- Capability in, or capacity to learn information management software and Dropbox
$26-$32 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Approximately 20-25 hours per week, at a home office in Newton.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a brief cover letter, résumé, and the names of three references who can be contacted if necessary. (References will only be contacted at the final stage of interviews and with permission.) Please include the reference "WEA" in the subject line of your email. A thorough reference and background check will be conducted.